The Korongata Marae Board of Trustees
The Trustees were elected at the Korongata Marae Annual General Meeting held on Saturday 27 June 2020
Korongata 2B1 Kevin Tamati
Korongata 2B2 Duyane Davies
Korongata 2B3 Laura Kele (Deputy Chairperson)
Korongata 2B4 Alieta Uelese
Korongata 1A Alayna Watene
Korongata 1B Terri Ripeka Crawford
Korongata 1C Logan Johnston
Korongata 2A Iraani Vlassoff
Te Awa o Te Atua 7B2C Templey Armitage
Te Awa o Te Atua No. 7A Traci Tuimaseve (Chairperson)
The Korongata Marae Trustees - Picture taken on 1 August 2020 at their first hui, Matariki - Te Wharekai o Korongata Marae. Pictured from left to right: Alieta Uelese, Duayne Davies, Alayna Watene, Logan Johnston, Iraani Vlassoff, Traci Tuimaseve, Terri Crawford, Kevin Tamati, Laura Kele, and Templey Armitage.
Click here to view a message for the Chair
Click here to get to know our Trustees
Click here to view the kawa of Trustees - set at their first hui.
The Marae Committee comprises the Chairperson, Secretary, Treasurer, Online Booking Officer, and the key holders who greet manuhiri. We all are responsible to look after our marae.
Chairperson: Position vacant
Treasurer & Key Holder: Michelle Ferris
Secretary / Communications / Online Booking & Key Holder: Ruth Wong
Marae manuhiri support - Key Holder: Shona Chadwick
Effective Governance is vital for the well-being, development and sustainability of our Marae. Our Charter for Korongata Marae outlines and describes the management of our Marae.
In accordance with the Charter, Trustees are elected and appointed and form the Board of Trustees. As per the Charter, Marae Trustees have great responsibilities that include but are not limited to:
- Safeguard our taonga and ensure that tikanga is observed at all times.
- Being responsible for the efficient an effective running of the Marae.
- Attend meetings called by the Chairperson or ensure to tender their apologies to the Secretary prior to the meeting
- Authorise activities on the Marae in accordance with Regulations of the Maori Reservations Regulations 1994.
- Oversee the application of funding for the betterment of the Marae.
- Oversee special projects
- Receive Korongata Marae representation reports and communicate with the whānau.
Read the Charter to find out more about the Korongata Marae Trustees appointment process.
KORONGATA MARAE TRUSTEES PORTFOLIO GROUPS
Each of the Trustees are linked to one or more of the 5 pou within the Korongata Marae Strategic Plan and all reporting is through these portfolio holders at their Trustee hui.