Korongata Whanau Hui
5 June 2021
5 June Hui Update
Kia ora whanau, it was so good to see so many attend our wānanga yesterday. We hope you enjoyed what Whaea Hinewirangi had to share.
First up we had a quick report from the Trustees Committee Chairman
1. The Charter Review is well under way, All questions or input into the review is welcome through your whānau representative on the Trust Board.
2. Shoring up our wharenui is off the books. Traci showed us images of the state of the roof. We are focusing on the rebuild.
3. We have work being done to the marae with the PGF funds - work includes the driveway which is almost complete, the repainting the wharekai interior & replacing flooring. This work is being done by contractors however some work is being tendered out. There is an opportunity for local contractors to be involved.
4. There remains to be no marae bookings until this work is completed. Our Whānau Hui will resume on the dates stipulated below.
5. The Marae Committee has dissolved for now while the charter review takes place and the wharenui remains closed. Trustee Laura Kele has been appointed as the Marae Operations Pou. In due course we will have a new secretary and treasurer.
During the Wānanga, whaea Hinewirangi presented an information document about her whakapapa and her links to this wonderful mahi 'Tukutuku panels'. Click here to download the PDF document.
We are very fortunate to have had this wānanga and we welcome to all to keep coming along to our wānanga as we continue to discuss our history, whakapapa, waiata, moteatea, tikanga, and so forth.